So if you are at ALT-C here is flavour of things we are up to and areas of my immediate interest at the conference.
As you would expect from National Awarding and Accreditation Body there is quite a lot of work going on around looking at different models of assessment. By the current nature of our system this is largely work we are doing in Further and Higher Education , Community and Workbased learning spaces - but a quick flavour of some of the themes that are emerging
- Exemplifying models of holistic assessment utilising range of different mediums.
- Exploring use of E-portfolios and their application across institutional boundaries - portfolio moving with learner.
- Describing and exemplifying Assessment strategies beyond the written word video or other evidence capture mechanisms including Virtual Worlds
- Demonstrating use of Wki and Blogs for assessment of collaborative and group work
- Piloting and creating models for test item sharing in (maths , sciences and computing ) how far can we share/ re-use items between institutions /continents/ education systems ?
- Further exploring potential of Games Based Assessment
Always interested in anything out there that can inform our work in these areas - and welcome input from ALT Colleagues and broader blogosphere.