- The changing of the guard - new government seems to mean much less top down guidance on ICT in education. This may or may not be a good thing - but quite hard to find folk on policy side who can set out direction of travel in England.
- Last year there were shed loads of functional skills materials - this year hardly in evidence - would be interesting to see figures on how much money has been spent on reforms here.That appear to be continually delayed.
- Whiteboards everywhere as usual but this year turned on their sides to make gigantic tablet PCS
- Seems more crowded with stall holders than ever but footfall seems much lighter
- Useful educational focused side programme and more informal teachmeet type content - always better than advertorial and getting better each year.
................................Really what it says in the heading. I will play with this from time to time. A mixture of education and domestic ...............................observations.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
#bett11 First Impressions
British Educatonal Technology Show for last 12 years either in my current role or in previous jobs. The picture above is of the main hall and the interesting thing is if you have a look at shots over last 12 years ( probably last three here on flickr) remarkably it has not changed that much both in terms of who is there and in terms of the solutions being peddled to an educational audience. As usual for me it is the side meetings with partners that matter. Anyway first impressions from day one
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment