- 1. From 2011 public fund will contract in real terms. We probably needed a 10% reduction in public sector before now economic squeeze will enforce this.
- 2.Everyone needs to be clear about value every pound spent in public sector brings and be prepared for even greater scrutiny
- 3. There is scope for much more service and data sharing at all levels of government and society and this should drive improved services and cost cutting across public sector.
- 4.Devolution is likely to grow regardless of government in Scotland or UK and will not lead invetiably to independence but will lead to greater local accountability.
- 5.Colleges will need to look outside of Scotland for funding and customers - the world market, UK and England all offer opportunities.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Blogging and Web2
As a follow up to my last post. I attended an excellent session led by ex Scottish First Minister Henry McLeish in last two weeks. Henry is going to be an ambassador for Scottish Colleges International. The presentation and discussion highlighted for me the importance of more folk in public and private sectors doing more through social networking.