Last year I did quite a detailed post on the things I am looking for at the Association for Learning Technology Conference.
From my original list from last year
- Exemplifying models of holistic assessment utilising range of different mediums.
- Exploring use of E-portfolios and their application across institutional boundaries - portfolio moving with learner.
- Describing and exemplifying Assessment strategies beyond the written word video or other evidence capture mechanisms including Virtual Worlds
- Demonstrating use of Wki and Blogs for assessment of collaborative and group work
- Piloting and creating models for test item sharing in (maths , sciences and computing ) how far can we share/ re-use items between institutions /continents/ education systems ?
These areas of work and some broader work around building and defining Digital Literacy across the spectrum of life long learning.and how qualifications support this.
- Further exploring potential of Games Based Assessment
I'd add looking at how open educational resources are being used to support learning and teaching.
I still think too that the use of Crowd Vine is exemplary and I wish systems like this could be used as some of the other conferences and events I get to attend.
Post a Comment